Remesh can be introduced at any phase within the employee life cycle to learn directly from your employees how to improve their experience! Here are some best practices and tips to make sure you are engaging your employees (or your clients' employees) in the most effective manner.
Included in this Article
Recruitment and Preparation
- Some networks may block the Remesh platform. Review our Technology Considerations with an IT professional to help ensure employees have a smooth experience accessing the Remesh platform.
- We recommend recruiting participants at a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. So, if you want to have 100 participants in a Conversation, you should aim to have 300-400 people actually commit to show up and participate. Framing the Conversation as mandatory instead of optional will also drive better show rates.
- You can invite up to 1,000 participants to a Remesh Live Conversation and 5,000 to a Remesh Flex conversation. We recommend having at least 30 people so the AI can be fully optimized.
- Be sure to share context and participant videos ahead of the session to let employees know who they are going to be interacting with and how their data may be leveraged. When folks know how and why you are asking for their time, they're much more likely to participate.
- We recommend giving employees at least two weeks notice when recruiting for a Remesh Live conversation. Work with teams that typically engage employees (e.g., Marketing, Comms, etc.) to determine the best cadence and format for reaching out to the group.
- If you can, have some of the communications come from someone on the Leadership team so employees know that the Remesh session is being taken seriously and has high visibility
- If you provide multiple days/times for employees to participate in a Conversation, try to gauge how many folks will attend each session through a quick survey or a calendar invite.
- We recommend including the participation/audience link in the calendar invitation
- Feel free to leverage the following template to invite employees to a Remesh Conversation:
- When engaging employees, you can hold a Remesh Conversation for as long as you need, but we recommend the following.
- Remesh Live: 30-45 minutes
- Remesh Flex: 15-30 minutes
- In addition to standard Onboarding Polls such as age and gender, it can be helpful to include questions on job title, tenure, responsibility level, office location, and other company-specific items. Onboarding Poll questions can then be used to Segment your data. We recommend 10 or fewer Onboarding Poll questions.
- We recommend starting your discussion guide with instructions, sharing context for the research and reminding employees their responses are anonymous. This can be done either by programming Speaks or pre-recording a brief video and uploading it to your discussion guide.
- When asking open-ended questions, try to be clear and direct, and avoid asking more than one question at a time. For example, instead of asking "How do you feel about your job responsibilities? Why do you feel this way?" we recommend separating these into two distinct questions that you send to the participants.