You can always adjust the time of each question before you send it to the group. Timing can get adjusted in increments in a MM:SS format. Below are our recommendations on setting your question durations:
- Polls typically work best as 30 seconds each. If you have a longer list of options or a multi-select Poll, you may want to add an additional 15-30 seconds. The minimum duration for Polls is 15 seconds.
- Ask Opinion questions should be around 2 minutes to allow participants to write a thoughtful response and then participate in the voting exercises after submitting their response. The minimum duration for Ask Opinion questions is 1.5 minutes.
- NOTE: Participants have the first 80% of the Ask Opinion time to respond. If they don't respond in that time, their responses will be automatically submitted. Then the participants will move into voting exercises.
- Ask Experience questions should be around 1 minute, but if you ask a question that requires a more thorough response, you may want to extend this by 15-30 seconds. The minimum duration for Ask Experience questions is 1 minute.
- Rank questions should be between 45 seconds and 1 minute. This depends on how many items your audience is ranking. The more items, the longer the question duration. The minimum duration for a Rank question is 30 seconds.