Experience your Conversation end-to-end ahead of the live event! Run through the timing and flow, dial in your Discussion Guide, gather feedback from stakeholders, and preview the participant experience using the Simulation capability.
Included in this article:
How it works:
During a Simulation, you have access to the full functionality of the platform. You can have up to 25 Participants and 5 Collaborators in the session. If you choose to turn on the “Simulated Responses” feature, Remesh will use Generative AI to create an additional 25 responses for each question sent in the Simulation. That means you can have up to 25 real responses and 25 simulated responses, for a potential total of 50 responses.
You can start a Simulation directly from the Conversation you’d like to preview. Here's how it works:
- Create a new Conversation or open a Conversation that has not been started yet
- Create some questions in your Discussion Guide (if you haven’t already)
- Click on the Simulation button in the top right corner
- Toggle “Simulated Responses” to ON if you wish for the Simulation to include Generative AI responses
- Select New Simulation from the dropdown
If a Simulation is already happening, you’ll see the Moderator and Participant links. You have the option of accessing the ongoing Simulation or ending it and starting a new one.
- Set a Target Audience for your simulated responses (optional). You can choose up to five defining criteria from the following categories: General Demographics, Industry & Occupation, Personal Finance, Relationships & Family, Spending, Technology, Hobbies & Interests, and Behavioral Health.
While you can only have one concurrent Simulation for a specific Conversation, you can run as many consecutive Simulations as you need.
If you accidentally close out the Simulation, you can always re-open it. You will join precisely where you left off.
When you create a new Simulation, it will contain your Discussion Guide in its current form. If you make changes to your Discussion Guide after the Simulation is created, those changes will not be reflected in the Simulation.
Note: Edits made during the Simulation will not be saved to the original Conversation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I see Simulated responses?
The workspace admin needs to have acknowledged the Data Privacy statement, which can be found here.
2. What kind of responses are generated for each question sent in the Simulation?
Remesh leverages Generative AI to produce responses to each question. Because of this, Simulations should be used for practice/demo purposes only.
3. How many responses are generated for each question?
Remesh generates 25 simulated responses for each open-ended question sent in the Simulation and generates 25 randomized responses for each close-ended question.
4. Can I control or guide the simulated responses generated for each question?
Yes! You can input up to 5 Target Audience criteria — age, gender, income, etc. The simulated responses will be generated based on these criteria, giving you a more realistic preview of your Conversation.
5. Do Simulations affect Quota Caps?
Simulations do not affect Quota Caps or Quota Targets set. Simulations generate responses, but do not generate participants.
For example, if you establish an onboarding poll and quota cap that only allows 5 participants to the Conversation, you’ll still get 25 generated responses for each question.
6. What languages are supported for the Simulation?
All Simulated Responses will be generated in English.