What is a Segment?
A Segment is a group of participants who gave the same answers to an Onboarding Poll or a Poll question during the Conversation.
To give you an idea, here are some examples of Segments:
- Women under the age of 65 who are responsible for making financial investment decisions in their household
- Men between the ages of 18 and 35 who are Twitter users
- Registered Democratic Voters
- People between the ages of 45 and 64 who selected poll option B on the poll question asking which packaging design was their favorite during the live conversation
How to Create a Segment
Tip: In order to create a Segment, you will first need to create Onboarding Polls or live Conversation Polls in your Discussion Guide.
- Once you have created Onboarding Polls or live Conversation Polls, go to Segments
- Click Create Segment
- Enter a name for your new segment
- Click + next each of the variables you want to include in the Segment
📝Note: When adding multiple options within a single Poll question, 'Or' logic will be used. For Segments that use multiple Polls questions, 'And' logic will be used.
📝Note: You can also create and modify Segments during or after the live Conversation. From the "live" Conversation page, click Segments at the top of the page. The functionality is the same as in the pre-Conversation builder.