What is Remesh?
Remesh is an online platform that allows you to connect with large audiences to collect qualitative data while using AI to make organizing and analyzing your large amounts of data quick and easy. If you have never interacted with the Remesh platform before, it may be helpful to review a demo video of our platform. We have a video specific to Employee Research and one specific to Market Research.
In addition, Remesh has two product offerings: Live and Flex. In this guide we will be covering how to get started with our Flex offering, if you'd like to get started with our Live offering, click here.
Setting up a Remesh Flex Conversation can be broken down into three key steps:
Step 1: Building the Conversation
Building a conversation in Remesh is like setting your foundation. It allows you to customize the participant experience and outline questions you'll ask throughout your conversation. Watch the following video to learn more about how to create your conversation and program your discussion guide.
- You can create your Billable Conversation at any time and continue coming back to make edits over time. As you edit your conversation, the participant link will not change.
- You can create as many Non-billable Conversations as you'd like to practice the functionality outlined in the video above.
- The estimated time that populates as you develop your discussion guide is based upon the average amount of time it takes for participants to answer questions.
- How to Program Your Discussion Guide
- Remesh Question Types
- Recruitment Best Practices: Market Research
- Recruitment Best Practices: Employee Research
- Conversation Checklist
Step 2: Monitoring Your Flex
Once you've Published your Conversation and your scheduled start time has passed, participants will be able to access your Conversation and begin submitting their responses. You are able to monitor your data in a few different ways.
- On the Summary Tab: By clicking on the Summary Tab you're able to monitor participation, termination and any Quotas you have set.
- On the Live Tab: On the Live tab, you're able to see an overview of responses that have been submitted. Additional Analysis tools are unlocked after the Conversation has stopped collecting responses.
- By Downloading Data: While your Flex is collecting responses, you an download partial data in CSV format to do initial analysis or share updates with your key stakeholders.
- You can practice monitoring your Conversation and preview the participant experience with your own discussion guide, to learn more click here!
- As you are monitoring your data, you can make limited changes to your discussion guide as needed.
- Your Conversation will automatically end at the scheduled date and time. You are able to adjust the end date and time while the Flex is collecting responses, or end your Conversation early.
Step 3: Post Conversation Analysis
Before digging into analysis, we recommend taking a look through an overview of Remesh's metrics which provides descriptions of our key metrics and how we recommend using them in your analysis. Once your Conversation has ended, you will immediately have access to a variety of Analysis tools. Below are a few we recommend getting started with.
- Summarize: Generate initial summaries from your open end data (Requires LLM Features to be enabled)
- Auto Code: Automatically tag and organize themes from open end responses (Requires LLM Features to be enabled)
- TopLine PowerPoint Download: Download our Topline PowerPoint which generates a handful of slides for each question and can quickly be edited and shared with key stakeholders. Pair this with Summarize to add an automated executive summary as well!
- Post Conversation Analysis Results: Dig into data deeper on a question by question basis.
With these resources at your disposal, you're well on your way to orchestrating impactful discussions and extracting meaningful insights. If you have any questions or need further assistance feel free to access the chat feature on the Remesh dashboard to get in touch with the Remesh team!